FLACS is preparing for a safe return to school in 2020-2021. Keeping students and staff safe is our first priority as we plan. This page shares the most up-to-date information on our plan for reopening.
Overview of Our Plan
Students will return to school remotely on September 10, 2020. Starting October 5, 2020, students have a choice of continuing a fully remote program or attending a hybrid/blended program.
Critical Documents for Families
- Parents Guide to the FLACS Reopening Plan English/Espanol gives an overview of the plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions English/Espanol addresses common questions about the plan.
Specific Updates to the Plan:
Learning Preference Form
Parents must complete this form by August 14, 2020, to indicate their preference for returning to school this year.
*The Learning Preference form is now closed - please contact your school's Family Liaison for any questions.
We will be holding parent engagement sessions during the week of 8/18/2020. All presentations will be recorded and links will be distributed by your school's parent's liaison:
- FLACS I - August 18th, 4:30 PM (For News Families Grades K-5) | August 19th, 1:30 PM Spanish & 4:30 PM English (Families Grades 1-5)
- FLACS II - to be announced soon.
- FLACS III - August 19th, 10:00 AM & 6:00 PM (Grades K-1 Parents) | August 20th, 10:00 AM & 6:00 PM (Grades 2-4 Parents)
- FLACS MS - August 18th, 5:00 PM (Re: Safety) | August 19th, 5:00 PM (Re: Procedures) | August 20th, 5:00 PM (Re: Instruction)
You may also view a video message from CEO Marilyn Calo from 7/31/2020 English/Espanol
For more information contact your school's Parent Liasion: FLACS I - email@example.com | FLACS II - firstname.lastname@example.org | FLACS III - email@example.com | FLACS MS - firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Full Reopening Plan
The full FLACS Reopening Plan submitted to the Department of Health, NYSED, and SUNY Charter School Institute can be found here.